How To Move A 1000 Lbs. Gun Safe: Tips And Hacks
Your firearms are valuable items that need to secure, and gun safe can provide that protection. But gun safes are thick and heavy. That’s why moving them requires safety planning. When you have a 1000 lb gun safe, moving this monster to another spot is not an easy thing. You will face challenges and decisions to move a 1000 lb gun safe. You’re going to need a smart strategy, and safety is a top priority. So what to do when moving a gun safe? Don’t worry because we got you wrapped. In this article, we’ll teach you how to move a 1000 lb gun safe carefully and effectively. We’ll also share with you some tips about moving a heavy safe upstairs and downstairs. So, read on.
How to move a 1000 lb gun safe
Here are the steps to follow in moving a 1000 lb gun safe:
Check out the weight and measurements of the safe
It’s vital to understand the dimensions of a 1000 lb gun safe. While some people neglect to take this into account, we believe it’s essential to know if you can handle such weight and size.
While you’re planning to move the safe, see to it if the size can fit through the doors. If you can’t handle the weight, how many people you’re going to need to move 1000 lb gun safe. Keep in mind that it’s a monster gun safe made of full thick steel, so moving the safe is dangerous if not carefully planned.
Plan your route before moving your gun safe
After you sort out where you’ll take your gun safe, you should consider clearing out the obstacles that you might encounter as you move along. That way, you will save some hassle and avoid bumps and stops that may cause damages to your safe and your house.
Think ahead of moving away pieces of your furniture before you carry a 1000 lb safe. Are there any narrow gaps, hallways, or stairs that might slow you down? You should find a solution to these areas, or you can ask for others’ help. Keep in mind to avoid a rushed decision that might end up regretting the result.
Ask for help when you have to and don’t try to be the hero
Remember, we’re talking about how to move a 1000 lb gun safe here, so don’t fool yourself. Gun safes are large and bulky, so you can’t carry it. You will need to ask three to five people to help you move a 1000 lb gun safe. There’s no better way to transfer a heavy safe but with four people sharing their strength.
Figuring out how to move a 1000 lb gun safe should be your next concern
Lifting a heavy safe in the wrong way could only result in injuries and damage to a home. Keep the body straight and close to the gun safe while exerting an effort to lift the case. Avoid twisting or moving your feet awkwardly as it may cause sprains and harm to your body. You may also use a dolly to move a safe by slowly lifting the half side and let the dolly shelf slide into the safe.
You can use a dolly to help you move heavy objects such as 1000 lb gun safe
Have a firm grip of the dolly’s handle before applying a force to carry the safe. Remember to maintain your balance and keep your body straight.
Wrap the safe using a strap around the dolly to keep the gun safe in place while moving. That way, you can prevent the safe from any sudden movement.
Safety is a priority
We’ll never get tired of reminding you when moving a 1000 lb gun safe; your safety is a top priority. Keep in mind these safety tips so you can avoid any incidents that could bring harm and injuries.
- You have limitations, so do not hesitate to ask for help. If its’ too risky to move a safe, you should call for professional movers to handle the task.
- Have your straps, ropes, and furniture dolly ready before moving the safe.
- Remember, you’ll be carrying 1000 lb gun safe loaded with thick steel. Formulate a plan that will make your safe moving experience safe and fast.
- If you’re lifting a safe, use working gloves to protect your hands. These gloves can help you prevent the safe from sliding off from your hands.
- Coordinate with your helpers before moving the safe. Your gun safe weighs 1000 lb, so respect that.
If you’re safe comes with a removable door, it’s best to take it off temporarily to lessen the weight. Remember, when the safe falls, do not attempt to fight it off, let it fall to the ground to prevent yourself from injuries.
Tips for moving a 1000 lbs gun safe: Upstairs and Downstairs
After you’ve prepped your helpers on what to do next and you’ve set the plan, follow these steps on how to move a 1000 lb gun safe upstairs.
- Wrap the safe with thick blankets.
- Tilt the half side of the safe while the dooly slides underneath it.
- Tightly wrap the straps around the safe to secure it from moving.
- Carefully tilt the dolly while firmly holding the handle to distribute the weight of the safe.
- Slowly guide the safe up the stairs with the helper lifting the dolly one step at a time.
- If you’re moving the safe downstairs, it’s best to let the dolly fall to each stair step slowly. Allow your helpers to hold the handle of the dolly to oppose the weight of the safe.
- Control the weight and the balance of the safe while pulling the safe upstairs or carefully let the safe fall to each step downstairs.
- If the safe slips off from the dolly, let it fall.
Remember that it’s dangerous to move a safe upstairs or downstairs even if you know how to move a 1000 lb gun safe.
It’s a difficult task to move a 1000 lb gun safe, but don’t be discouraged. With the right equipment, people, and strategy on how to move a 1000 lb gun safe, you can make this task safer and easier. Get all the help, planning, and safety precautions you need to move a heavy safe. Spending time to keep the huge safe moving flawlessly and safely can make all the difference.