Your firearms are valuable items that need to secure, and gun safe can provide that protection. But gun safes are thick and heavy. That’s why moving them requires safety planning. When you have a 1000 lb gun safe, moving this monster to another spot is not an easy thing. You will face challenges and decisions to move a 1000 lb gun safely. You’re going to need a smart strategy, and safety is a top priority. So what to do when moving a gun safe? Don’t worry because we got you wrapped. In this article, we’ll teach you how to move a 1000 lb gun safe carefully, and effectively. We’ll also share with you some tips about moving a heavy safe upstairs and downstairs. So, read on.
Safety is a priority
We’ll never get tired of reminding you when moving a 1000 lb gun safe; your safety is a top priority. Keep in mind these safety tips so you can avoid any incidents that could bring harm and injuries.
- You have limitations, so do not hesitate to ask for help. If its’ too risky to move a safe, you should call for professional movers to handle the task.
- Have your straps, ropes, and furniture dolly ready before moving the safe.
- Remember, you’ll be carrying a 1000 lb gun safe loaded with thick steel. Formulate a plan that will make your safe moving experience safe and fast.
- If you’re lifting a safe, use working gloves to protect your hands. These gloves can help you prevent the safe from sliding off your hands.
- Coordinate with your helpers before moving the safe. Your gun safe weighs 1000 lb, so respect that.
If you’re safe comes with a removable door, it’s best to take it off temporarily to lessen the weight. Remember, when the safe falls, do not attempt to fight it off, let it fall to the ground to prevent yourself from injuries.
Tips for moving a 1000 lbs gun safe: Upstairs and Downstairs
After you’ve prepped your helpers on what to do next and you’ve set the plan, follow these steps on how to move a 1000 lb gun safe upstairs.
- Wrap the safe with thick blankets.
- Tilt the half side of the safe while the dooly slides underneath it.
- Tightly wrap the straps around the safe to secure it from moving.
- Carefully tilt the dolly while firmly holding the handle to distribute the weight of the safe.
- Slowly guide the safe up the stairs with the helper lifting the dolly one step at a time.
- If you’re moving the safe downstairs, it’s best to let the dolly fall to each stair step slowly. Allow your helpers to hold the handle of the dolly to oppose the weight of the safe.
- Control the weight and the balance of the safe while pulling the safe upstairs or carefully let the safe fall to each step downstairs.
- If the safe slips off from the dolly, let it fall.
Remember that it’s dangerous to move a safe upstairs or downstairs even if you know how to move a 1000 lb gun safe.
It’s a difficult task to move a 1000 lb gun safe, but don’t be discouraged. With the right equipment, people, and strategy on how to move a 1000 lb gun safe, you can make this task safer and easier. Get all the help, planning, and safety precautions you need to move a heavy safe. Spending time to keep the huge safe moving flawlessly and safely can make all the difference. Get more tips on gun safes.