One look at this safe is enough to tell you many things about what you need this safe for. One thing becomes apparent; it is not a safe for small handguns but long guns, the big rifles of those kinds.
Built to be very sturdy, manufactured out of black matte steel, this safe stands like a tower. Its dimensions on the exterior are 8.6″ x 9.8″ x 52.17″inches and on the interior 6.3″ x 9.7″ x 52″. It comes to 2 mm thick with over 2.5 cubic feet of storage and weighs 65 pounds, but ships at 70 lbs.
- Large storage area. The BARSKA QUICK ACCESS BIOMETRIC RIFLE SAFE AX11652 has a large storage area that can provide quick access to your firearm. There is a four-position rest that can keep your rifles upright and stored neatly along with the ammo. This storage unit can store your handguns as well as three shotgun rifles.
- Body and locking system. When it comes to security, the BARSKA SAFE AX11652 is made up of 2mm steel and locks via a 3-point deadlocking system. Included in the accessories this safe is sold with are mounting hardware, two backup keys, and batteries.
- Notification. The safe beeps when you access it to let you know its being opened. This notification could be a problem when you want to access your guns without alerting intruders off your presence. You can turn off the beep notification so you can access your firearms in stealth mode.
- Backup keys. A set of two backup keys is provided in case you can’t access your guns from the biometric sensor. The backup keys provide an override to the biometric sensor, and it can come in handy in emergency situations.
- Power. This safe is powered by 4 AA batteries that are supplied at the time of purchase, but there is also an emergency pack that comes with the pack which would serve as a replacement should you lose the battery juice of the initial batteries.
It is shipped freely to the 48 connecting states in the USA, although it is not available for delivery to outside the US.
What We Liked
- One of the amazing things about this gun safe is the biometric sensor. This sensor is capable of storing 120 user fingerprints for over two years. This is made possible by the 4 AA batteries which we must repeat at this point are included with the safe completely free of charge.
- The free 4 A A batteries come in free and at no extra cost to you the buyer.
- Excellent biometric system that worked quite well irrespective of how many times we swiped our fingers across it.
Also, the number of access granted, a whopping 40.
- Thankfully, the manufacturers didn’t assume they knew what we wanted the safe for, so most of the internal compartments of this safe are removable. What this means is that you can adjust it to create more space for yourself.
- We are also thrilled that it comes with mounting hardware to save us the stress of wondering how to mount this system.
What We Didn’t Like
- Although purportedly designed to store four long rifles, we realized that realistically this depends on the model of the rifle. It can only be enabled to store two standard rifles conveniently. For instance, an AR-15 carbine rifle will not fit into this safe if fitted with a 30 round magazine.
- It doesn’t have a light display within it. This makes finding items within your safe at night time quite difficult. Because in the situation of a power outage, you will be stranded in the dark, capable of causing injury to yourself if in haste.
- The safe’s black matte color makes it quite difficult to find in the dark.
The Barska AX11652 is a great biometric safe to keep your rifles in. It can store up to 120 different fingerprints, and it has a Silent Access feature that allows you to open your safe without alerting the intruder.
We did notice some complaints from some users as regards the capacity of the safe. Most users believe it can store up to four rifles, but it all depends on the model and shape of the rifle. It also doesn’t have a light display within it light some of the biometric safe that has been reviewed in the past. We believe it’s a great gun safe nonetheless, and we strongly recommend it.