AmazonBasics Security Safe 0.5 Cubic Feet Review
The AmazonBasics Security Safe 0.5 Cubic Feet is presently among the most in-demand home safe models on the market. This is because the product is equipped with a number of useful features that makes it a better option over the other available models.
AmazonBasics Security Safe 0.5 Cubic Feet is sold at a decent price and can be conveniently purchased even by buyers with limited budgets. On top of that, it is made of reliable and durable materials that enable it to withstand the wear and tear caused by regular use.
- Comes with dimensions of 13.8” x 9.8” x 9.8”
- Weighs about 16.5 pounds
- Has an estimated size of 0.5 cubic feet
- Equipped with an electronic lock powered by four AA batteries
- Has 2 emergency override keys
- Comes with a solid and durable design
- Made of pry-resistant steel with handsome black exterior finish
- Comes with a carpeted floor
- Has a decent-sized knob
- Has a reprogrammable passcode security locking system
- Equipped with a digital display that indicates locked, unlocked, and low battery
- Equipped with 2 live-door bolts, a pry-resistant door and very durable concealed hinges
- Has an adjustable interior shelf
- Comes with four mounting bolts that allow convenient mounting
- A lot of individuals who want to safely keep their valuables at home or in the office prefer the AmazonBasics Security Safe 0.5 Cubic Feet over the other available options. This is because the safe is sold at a budget-friendly price.
- In addition to that, it comes with a solid and durable design made of pry-resistant steel with a premium black exterior finish. The safe provides an ample amount of space where valuables can be stored. It features a carpeted floor that prevents important items such as jewelries and other priced possessions from getting scratched or damaged.
- Aside from that, the product features an electronic lock which makes use of a passcode and is powered by four AA batteries. The good thing about the safe is that it allows the owner to change the passcode regularly. It also comes with two emergency override keys that allow the owner to open the box in case of forgotten passcode.
- In terms of security, the product can be considered as a good performer because it is sold with four bolts that allow it to be mounted on the wall or floor. The safe also uses 2 live door bolts and concealed hinges that prevent intruders from accessing its contents.
- The AmazonBasics Security Safe 0.5 Cubic Feet suffers from a number of downsides. First, the product offers a relatively smaller interior space and might only be suitable for keeping smaller valuable items. Second, the safe’s reprogrammable passcode security locking system makes use of four AA batteries that might fail to provide the needed power for the electronic mechanism to function.
- In addition to that, such feature might require regular changing of batteries, which means additional expenses. Finally, the safe’s design and construction are not fire- or waterproof.
Despite of its downsides, the AmazonBasics Security Safe 0.5 Cubic Feet still remains as a decent home safe option because it can be used to secure the most valuable items without the need to spend much. In addition, it comes with a solid and well-built construction along with the basic security features that will allow it to prevent intruders from stealing the important items stored in it.
Aside from the AmazonBasics Security Safe 0.5 Cubic Feet, many household owners and safety-conscious individuals are considering the SentrySafe X055 Security Safe, 0.5 Cubic Feet and the VonHaus Compact Electronic Digital Home Security Solid Steel Safe as their other top options. This is because both of these products provide almost the same set of features that the AmazonBasics model does.
The SentrySafe X055 Security Safe, 0.5 Cubic Feet is sold with dimensions of 16.5” x 12.4” x 10.2” and weighs about 15.1 pounds. It is made of durable steel with an upscale black exterior finish. The safe features an electronic lock powered by four AA batteries and allows the owner to lock and unlock it using a passcode.
It is also sold along with override keys that are used when the batteries are no longer capable of enabling the electronic lock to work. The safe can also be mounted on the wall or floor and is secured by live locks along with concealed hinges. To prevent valuables from getting scratched while stored inside, the safe comes with a carpeted floor.
The VonHaus Compact Electronic Digital Home Security Solid Steel Safe, on the other hand, comes with dimensions of 12.2” x 7.9” x 7.9” and a weight of about 9.5 pounds. It is made of solid steel and sold along with a fixing kit used to attach this to a wall or floor. The safe features a digital locking system powered by four AA batteries, and makes use of a 3 to 8 digit security code.
In addition to that, the product’s package also comes with a manual override key for use when the digital locking system fails to function, or if the passcode is forgotten.
By looking at the features of the product discussed above, it is quite obvious that these are among the best in the class. But out of the three, the AmazonBasics Security Safe 0.5 Cubic Feet proves to be the best option since it is decently priced and comes with a long list of useful features.
The SentrySafe X055 Security Safe, 0.5 Cubic Feet can be the second best option for it offers most of the useful features that the AmazonBasics model provides, but at a higher price. Finally, the VonHaus Compact Electronic Digital Home Security Solid Steel Safe can be the third best option since it comes with all the generic features that a good safe is expected to have at a much cheaper price. Find out more about security safes.